Blog | Tech Blog | Reviews | Setup | Portfolio Contact

Thursday, May 7, 2009

LaCie 500GB External HD Review
The user-friendly LaCie Hard Drive, Design by Neil Poulton adds sophisticated style to your desktop yet its presence is quiet and unobtrusive. It has a unique distinguishing feature - a cool, blue LED strip on its underside that creates an ambient glow. Its subtle, all-black design blends perfectly into dark home entertainment setups and workstations. Very small for its vast capacity, this lightweight, compact drive has a fashionable, mirror-polished finish. The smartly engineered design allows for heat dissipation and near-silent, fanless operation.

Backup & Synchronization Software
The LaCie Mobile Disk comes with several helpful software bundles. LaCieSync: Synchronization & Encryption Software allows you to bring your important data with you safely. Just plug the Mobile Disk into any PC to access and modify your files or emails; it will sync your updated changes back to your office or home computer.

Photobucket

Inside The Box:
- LaCie Hard Disk, Design by Neil Poulton
- USB 2.0 cable
- External power supply
- Quick Install Guide
- LaCie Utilities

Key Features:
- Compact and efficient USB 2.0 storage
- Unique feature such as a blue LED strip on the underside
- Smart fanless cooling system for quiet operation
- Store your files, music, photos & videos in 1 place

My Thoughts*
They tell you that the hard drive does not have a fan but it clearly does because you can hear it rev up when you are using the unit unless I am mistaken please correct me. The sound is a tad bit loud but not enough to drive you insane over it. I have a wood desk and you can hear it a bit more loudly then on probubly other types of desk. Also I noticed when I had the hard drive laying on it's side it was way more louder so if you are having that issue I would just lay it flat on the rubber legs that has because it prevents the case it is in from vibrating louder against surfaces.

The unit seems to stay pretty cool when it is in a cramped place like where I have mine placed, it is surround under my iMac, my speakers and keyboard so I would say it is a pretty "cool" system. There is 1 complaint I have about the system and its the USB Cord to attach it to a computer unit; its pretty short and it has to be so close to the USB port you are going to attach it to, at most i would say its 3 feet if that; but otherwise the power cord is pretty long so no complaints about that issue.

Over all I would give this external hard drive a 9.5/10 because of the USB cord being to short; everything else is wonderful to use and just so simple.

About Me

If you haven't noticed my nickname you might think that it is a bit odd. I came up with my nickname "neek" by considering myself a nerd and a geek and i combined them together; so that is where it comes from. I'm into technology, games and a whole bunch of other things.
--------------------------------
Previous Posts
--------------------------------
DailyBooth
---------------------------------
G33kism
"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."
---------------------------------
Twitter
---------------------------------
Linkage
 

---------------------------------